Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Chapter 50: Those whose work takes them away from the monastery

In the same way those sent on a journey must be careful not to omit the hours of prayer which are prescribed for the whole community. (From para. 2 of Ch. 50 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

Just as the Opus Dei functions in a "monastery with walls" always to put God first, to bring the community together in its most important work, and to keep time holy, so does meditation act as a corrective to aspects of my life that would leave me wandering, confused, and alienated.

1 comment:

  1. You are Reality, Abba, here within me and all about me. You love me. We connect every morning and every evening in this gift of meditation. Doing so faithfully stokes my consciousness of you, my Love. Help me stay conscious of you every moment of today.

    ReplyDelete