Monday, May 27, 2019

Chapter 7: The value of humility (paragraph 4)


The first step of humility is to cherish at all times the sense of awe with which we should turn to God. It should drive forgetfulness away... (From Ch. 4 of  St. Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

Turning, awe-ing, cherishing -- I'm touched by the energy of these words that can drive forgetfulness away. And, in driving forgetfulness away, driving self-will away. Saying the mantra is a remembering of my true self.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome, Abba, to read your Word made flesh in everything about me and here within me, in the first Bible, the Holy Book of Nature. The humility of my fidelity to twice-daily meditation helps to open my eyes to your awe-full deifying light, Great Artist.

    ReplyDelete