Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Chapter 35:  Weekly servers in the kitchen and at table (paragraphs 3-4)


One hour before the time of a meal those serving in the kitchen and at table should each receive a drink and some bread in addition to their regular portion. This will help them to serve the community at mealtime without stress and without murmuring about their lot. (From para. 3 of Ch. 35 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

Can my kindness help others in my community to serve? Can I check my own judgmental and complaining behavior, however subtle, that harms the spirit of the community I serve?

1 comment:

  1. “...without stress and without murmuring about their lot”: the grace of my daily metanoia, of Your daily changing of my mind, Abba, is enabled by the practice of meeting You in my twice-daily meditation.

    ReplyDelete