Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Chapter 7: The value of humility (paragraph 5)


One who follows that way finds protection at all times from sin and vice of thought, of tongue, of hand, of foot, of self-will and of disordered sensual desire, so as to lead a life that is completely open before the scrutiny of God and of his angels who watch over us from hour to hour.
(From para. 5 of Ch. 7 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry OSB, 1997.)

The disorder of the human condition, of my condition, is always seeking true harmony and integrity in God -- that is, alignment with my Source.

1 comment:

  1. What the silence and the mantra of meditation teaches me is that my thoughts are always present to God. In that vast space of silence, God's love brings me closer to Himself and to others bridging the thoughts that distance me from God's love and from others.

    ReplyDelete