Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chapter 61: Monastic pilgrims from far away (paragraphs 2-3)


But if no such negative signs are apparent it may be right to go further and not wait for a request to be accepted into the community. It may even be right to persuade such a one to stay so that others may benefit and learn from such example. (From paragraph 2 of Ch. 61 of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry,OSB.)

My life is silently clamoring to expand into more and more relationships, in order to find the best in others.

2 comments:

  1. We are all “pilgrims from far away”. I love how Mary Stevenson’s famous poem and picture, “Footprints” illustrate so well that I pilgrimage with you, Lord. Help me to remember that you are with me and actually carrying me over my life’s low spots, every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This balances beautifully the earlier cited precautions. I personally like this because in most of my travels, long solo travels God never fails to gift me with "angels without wings" along the way. It is just but right that I act the same to people who needs me. But then again the key point here is discernment of good spirit :-)

    ReplyDelete