Saturday, January 27, 2018

Chapter 7: The value of humility (paragraph 5)


One who follows that way finds protection at all times from sin and vice of thought, of tongue, of hand, of foot, of self-will and of disordered sensual desire, so as to lead a life that is completely open before the scrutiny of God and his angels who watch over us from hour to hour. (From para. 5 of Ch. 7 of St Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry, OSB, 1997.)

Meditation teaches me what it means to to cherish a sense of awe at all times. I must have faith that  such wonder will drive distractedness away, so that I will be able to lead a life that is completely open to God.


1 comment:

  1. "God is always looking at him from heaven,that his actions are everywhere visible to the divine eyesand are constantly being reported to God by the Angels." I have to see with the eyes of my heart to be able to come to terms with this reminder. Otherwise, I will always do things as I desire.

    ReplyDelete