Saturday, January 5, 2013

Prologue to the Rule (paragraph 6)

For that very reason also, so that we may mend our evil ways, the days of our mortal lives are allowed us as a sort of truce for improvement.
(From para. 6 of Prologue to the Rule of Saint Benedict's Rule, trans. by Patrick Barry OSB, 1997.)

I think that passivity can be just as disordered as activity, when my being is not integrated in my heart. I'm grateful for each new day that allows me to practice selfless attention, and to experience the divine energy that flows from that.

1 comment:

  1. Paul is quoted with these words,"By God's grace, I am what I am", from 1 Cor. 15:10 in this paragraph for today's reading. For me these are powerful words. To be able to say that about myself with such strong conviction takes grace, insight and after much deep prayer.
    This is where my meditation is leading me- to faith in my being,and in my self because of faith in Christ. It is not that I make that my goal because I am not aware as to what is "happening" because I am mantra-focused. The closer I come to Christ who knew Himself the closer I come to knowing myself in Christ. This is my faith.

    ReplyDelete